Thursday 4 October 2012

Power Through

Tuesday's run home was tough, shin pain and later really awful knee pain so when I got home I covered my legs in ice!  The plan for today was to run again so I'm going to the gym.... if my legs start to hurt again I can swap straight away to the eliptical trainer or bike (depending on whats free) so that I'm still having a cardio workout.

So far this week I've done my run and also a strength workout for runners, yesterday was meant to be yoga but I had a rest because of how sore my legs were, hopefully I can fit that in somewhere this week and make my target of 6 exercise sessions.

Food has been much better here is a delish breakfast I had on Monday:

That's lime infused sultanas, sour mango and dried pineapple.

This is what I had for tea on Monday and on Tuesday for Lunch:

Chicken breast, shallots, new potatoes, a glug of olive oil, a teaspoon (Mr Dens didn't read that properly so just shook chilli everywhere) of dried chilli flakes, smoked bacon, fresh thyme and a glass of white wine over the top.  its awesome.

And here is my new favourite beverage:


A seriously yummy green tea.

Today I've started well, same breakfast as normal - green tea, actimel, oats, milk, baked pineapple and a generous sprinkle of 4 seed mix.

Lunch today is going to be ham, lettuce and cucumber with a handful of Brazil nuts for "pudding".  Afternoon snack is apple and cheese. Tea is a bit poor, scrambled egg on toast with turkey breast and beans before the gym and then I'll have a protein shake after and maybe a carby snack - rice cakes and PB something like that but we'll see if I'm still hungry then.

I'll let you know tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment