Monday 1 October 2012

Update and some PMA

I've been AWOL again.  I'd love to say I've got a brilliant reason for not blogging and for not running but other than the return of shin splints I haven't but that's changing TODAY.

I've had 2 and a half weeks away from running.  The front of my left shin is still a bit painful to touch but nothing like it was before and the right one is only the slightest bit tender so with 4 weeks until the half I'm getting back out there and putting as many miles in as I can with the help of tape, compression bandages and lots of ice.

On Thursday I got a bit of mail which has also helped to get back a bit of motivation..... I've got a place to run the London Marathon.  Ever since I can remember I have always sat down to watch the marathon and I've always said how much I want to run it in my life, its probably the only real goal I've got so on Friday I sent off my acceptance and next April I will be runner no 3649!!!  I won't lie I'm already terrified.

Food has been a bit slack lately, I think exercise and nutrition really do go hand in hand, when you are exercising and feeling good you don't want to fuel your body with rubbish but when you're just sitting on your bum a few crisps won't hurt will they?

A friend of mine emailed over a blog that I spent ages looking at last night and thought I'd share it on here too http://www.superchargedfood.com/category/blog/  I can't wait to try the buckwheat risotto and the pumpkin rice salad. mmm.

Anyway that's enough for now, I will definitely be back more often to keep this updated and let you know about my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment