Thursday 24 November 2011

Day One.

For ages i've loved reading other peoples blogs, and even pestering some to update theirs or start a new blog just so I had something to keep reading!  Now i'm starting my own .....

The plan is to take a picture of EVERYTHING I eat every day.  If you're thinking that i'm a bit mental for doing this then you are probably right but there is a method to the madness.  After losing over a stone that I gained after my wedding last year I'm hoping seeing everything that goes in and fessing up to it here will help me make the best food choices that I can.  I also struggle to get my 5 a day and worry that my food is a bit repetitive and beige so I'm hoping that seeing it all laid out day to day will keep things on track! 

So here it all is, day one:

Breakfast

50g Muesli with 5g of sunflower seeds, 60ml semi skimmed milk, a fat free actimel and a green tea.  I have to admit it doesnt look very exciting or appetising but it does the job.

Lunch

This was lush.  I hate lettuce with the one exception of rocket which I love, add in parmesan and its heaven.  Popped in some carrot sticks and houmous for extra calories to keep me full.

Snacks

Seeing that on the plate it looks a bit pathetic.  In case you were wondering its 2 clementines, a gala apple and a graze fruit and seed flapjack (1/3 of a punnet).  Now I don't snack because i'm hungry, but becuase I know that I should and now i'm hoping it'll be a good way of packing in those extra fruits and veggies.

Dinner
A bit of an experiment actually.  On a forum someone suggested using beef stock and cream cheese to make a sauce for steak, that sounded right up my street so I decided to try it last night.... Shoved in onion and loads of mushrooms (another tick off the 5 a day list!) stock, cream cheese and some frying steak and Robert's your Mother's brother! Had it there with brown rice and half a pack of vegetable medley.

Had a small fail on day one - forgot to snap my yoghurt but I think i'll let myself off that, everyone knows what a yoghurt looks like right?  Must try harder today.

So food round up for the day:
5 a day? Yup, my count makes it 6 (apple, clementine, salad, carrot, veg medley and mushrooms)
Calories: 1181, too low - will do better today.

1 comment: