Tuesday 8 May 2012

Half arsed to half marathon

So I've been away for a little bit, been logging away on MyFitnessPal and my weight is still sitting around the 8 stone mark so I'm happy (7st 11 5/8 at last weigh in) but exercise has been slack and that's not on.

Broke out Ripped in 30 last week and apart from a little bit of hamstring tension I didn't die so I'll take that as a positive..... still a bit soft around the edges compared to the last time I finished it though so that's not so hot and with another wedding less than a month away its time to step it up.

This brings me neatly to the start of my half marathon training.  I've downloaded a few plans from the Internet and I was sent one with my pre race pack so I'm just into researching diet and best times to run etc and then its full ahead with that.  I won't lie, I'm pretty terrified.  The longest I can run without stopping at the minute is about 30 minutes, I want to finish the race in about 2/2.5hours which means I'll have to run the whole thing at 6 miles an hour without stopping.  Right now I'm not very hopeful about this - obviously I'll be blogging in here to keep up to date with how I'm getting on.

Food lately hasn't been ace but that's what a bank holiday is for right?  We went to the chippy on Friday night, it smelt amazing so I had sausage and regular chips.... I think eating clean and lean has ruined my appetite for that sort of stuff a bit though because I must have eaten about 3 forkfuls of chips and half the sausage and I just felt so full and sick (thank you James!)

On Saturday we went to pizza express for dinner (starter, main and pudding - bad) Sunday I made beef stroganoff and wild rice for dinner (good) but had homemade brownie for dessert (bad) and yesterday dinner was Chicken Filo Pie which I know isn't clean and lean exactly but its not the worst meal in the world and was yum, brownie for afters was also yum but BAD.

So today marks another fresh starts (i.e. no brownies) breakfast was 40g oatbran, 10g 4 seed mix, 70ml whole organic milk and 50g blueberries.  Lunch will be chicken satay with an organic carrot and for tea tonight (hopefully after the gym) its pea and lettuce soup which I'll tell you all about tomorrow.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment