Tuesday 29 May 2012

Slacker

Right, well I haven't been very good at blogging in the last week or so, I know its a crap excuse but I have been busy...

Busy working, busy selling our house, busy buying a new one, and busy turning 27.

And yeah all that stuff has meant that exercise has gone out of the window, I'm not even walking home from work anymore because I'm still here most nights when Mr D is driving home so I just get a lift with him.  All this is bad news seeing as I've got a Half Marathon to worry about in ... oh FOUR MONTHS. 

This weekend I've got a wedding, one of my best friends is getting married and I'm going to be a bridesmaid which I'm massively excited about so Saturday is going to be my last day enjoying myself this Jubilee weekend because on Monday the half training starts.  And if I don't start you can all officially KICK MY BUM! Ok??

I think half the problem is that I'm terrified of starting the training because - what if I'm rubbish?  What if I genuinely can't run for 13 miles?  I can barely manage 3 at the moment.  I might look into joining a running club because right now I have no idea what I'm doing.

Food is poor at the moment too, not because I'm eating bad things but because I know I'm not eating enough, and I also have no idea what I am supposed to eat when I start this training, if I eat anytime near exercising I was to puke so that's not ideal either.  Will do a bit of reading up tonight I think but if any of you out there have any advice then I am all ears.

On a better note I'm making my own falafel burgers - thanks Hanahbella for the inspiration - tonight.  If they don't look a total mess I'll take a picture to pop on here tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment