Wednesday 6 June 2012

Jubil-urgh

Any attempts to remain clean and lean were futile this weekend.  Friday we were down in Sussex for a friends wedding and had lunch in a pub, same for dinner, shame chips don't count as one of your 5 a day really.  Saturday was the wedding and I went into carb overload!!!  Sunday we came home attempts were made to get back on track with a bowl of minestrone but Monday was another fail with pizza for lunch (only had half but still!) and neighbours over for dinner which mean relatively health meal, of salad, marinated chicken and falafel burgers all ruined with a big slice of cheesecake for pud and a few more glasses of pimms than necessary!

In better news this week is the start of my half marathon training, Monday went well.... mostly because it was a rest day.  Yesterday the plan said "30 minute easy run"  This annoyed me a bit because running is never easy for me, I go bright purple and my legs hurt after about 5 minutes.  I was doubly not feeling it as we'd been to Ikea and lunch was a hotdog and fries, not sure that would be included in many runners diets?  And to top it all off just as soon as I'd got outside and to the end of the road the heavens opened.

In a way its good really, I went quite slowly, more jogging than running (but still moving at least!) I lasted for 30 minutes without stopping, I ran in the rain which I guess is good seeing as come half day I won't be in control of the weather and seeing as its October I doubt it will be dry or warm.  So from here on out here's how my weeks will look:

Monday: Rest (or very easy runs)
Tuesday: Easy run (30 mins minimum)
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Easy run 30 mins (this week) then interval runs after that.
Friday: Rest
Saturday: X Train (plan suggests yoga, pilates or light weights)
Sunday: Easy run

Right now I feel quite optimistic although remind me to look back at this post in a couple of week when I'm expected to do 60 minutes of "easy running" (yeh right).

Oh and I'll try and blog more often to keep you up to date with the training and if I miss any of those runs without a SERIOUSLY good excuse you have permission to give me a great big kick up the bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment