Friday 15 June 2012

The Importance of a Sports Bra

Yesterday's run was difficult, I've not got used to my little bum bag yet and for some reason during the run it was bouncing all over the place and felt like it was falling down.  Annoying bag aside, I did my 5 minutes easy pace and then it was time to speed up.  The training plan says 5 minutes jog/walk 5 minutes threshold/HM pace, now I want to run the half marathon at 6/6.5mph I think that  is realistic but I don't have GPS so don't know for sure how fast I'm running so I used my HRM to work in my max heart rate zone instead and for the first 5 minutes that felt ok, then I went back to easy pace which was much harder than before and it took along time for my heart rate to come back down, it was still 176 when I had to start running faster again.

I won't lie, it was tough yesterday, lots of aching/burning in my calves and by the time I got home I was bright purple, but I did it and I know that I can do it so no matter how much it hurt or how stupid I looked I think that's a good thing.

So I've talked about what I'm eating lately and I've been taking photos for the last couple of days so here you go:

That's breakfast from Wednesday, 40g oatbran, half a graze tutti frutti punnet and a heaped teaspoon of seed mix (added milk after the picture).

Lunch was leftover falafel burger with a mixed salad:



Cheeky afternoon graze snack:

Dinner I ate before I remembered to take a picture but that was cottage pie topped with swede and sweet potato mash which was nice but to be honest I prefer it with regular potato!

Thursday breakfast looked a little bit like this:

40g oatbran, a heaped teaspoon of seed mix, 20g dried mango and a few slices of dried coconut from a bag of trail mix - this was particularly delicious so I'm having the same today.

Lunch was this:

One wholemeal pitta with 2 slices of mustard ham (no spread on the pitta) and a plate of veggies with a heaped teaspoon of hummus.  Just realised you can see the sudoku I did in that picture - embarrassing.

Before I went off running I had a PB Bagel

Although after I took that picture I put 6 banana coins on top for a bit of extra energy.

When I got in from running I had a protein shake made up from 45g powder, 100ml organic whole milk and 100ml water.
(Drank that whilst watching Friends)

And because I was knackered by about 7pm Mr D made dinner for me and it was yummy:

75g (uncooked) wild rice, and the curry is one onion, some ginger finely chopped, 2 teaspoons of red thai curry pasta, a tin of chopped tomatoes, half a can of coconut milk, some large raw frozen prawns and half a pack of veg medley. mmmmm.

Oh and here is a snap of my sports bra from yesterdays run - no rain this time, all sweat - BLEURGH.


Which brings me back to the title of the blog, obviously if you are a girl you know how important it is to wear a sports bra (unless you want to be in some serious pain later!) and not just so you can track how sweaty and disgusting you are but also because of something I read in Zest magazine this week:

29 football pitches (over 3000m) is how far your breasts bounce during a half marathon if they are not supported

Terrifying!!


1 comment:


  1. Wearing a sports bra is really helpful for athletic people like you. Running or engaging in sports activities can be more comfortable if your breasts are well covered or protected. Using a sports bra, while engaging in strenuous activities can also help prevent your breasts from sagging.


    Ted Juhl

    ReplyDelete