Monday 11 June 2012

Week One Round Up

Well week 1 of the training plan is done, I didn't die, or have to stop so I'm seeing that as a positive.  I won't lie to you, although I an running (probably should call it jogging) for the 30 minute "easy" runs I'm so slow its unreal.

For Sundays run Mr D said he wanted to come, I had to tell him to run ahead of me because watching him go at my pace was painful and a bit embarrassing, and seeing him go off so much faster made me worry that the same thing will happen on the day of the Half and it'll just be me right at the back going about 4 miles an hour or something.  Right now I can't honestly see how I'll ever get any faster or be able to run for 2 hours plus.

Still I guess I've got enough time to work that out as I go and for now I'll just do as the training plan says.

Saturday I got my yoga in whilst Mr D had a nap on the sofa in between rugby games (Friday was a late and boozy one).  Even though the dvd is beginners yoga I got a good sweat on and felt great afterwards so I might see if I can fit that in again on a rest day as well as the X train days.

In better (less whingy) news, after doing those stretches I posted about on Thursday, then yoga Saturday, then stretching pre-run yesterday my legs aren't achy today and didn't get so crampy when I was running either so that's great progress!  Big thanks to Momentum Sports for putting those up on your website.

So what's the training plan got in store for me this week:

Monday: Rest/very 30 min jog (am having a rest today)
Tuesday: 30 min easy
Wednesday: Rest ( might do yoga dvd or go to yoga class at the gym if there is room in the group)
Thursday: 5 min easy run/walk, 5 min @ threshold/HM pace x 3. All built into 30 min running
Friday: Rest
Saturday: X Train
Sunday 40 min easy

Just realised that Sunday's easy run has quickly jumped up to 40 minutes, fear that might be to ambitious for me!  Also might be tricky as I'll be away at my parents for Father's day and have no idea where to run around there.  Will have to research on google!

I'll also have to dig out the HRM for Thursdays run, or head to the gym so that I can control the pace, although I hate running on the dreadmill now, running outdoors is so much better (even in the rain) because you are heading for something and the surroundings distract you a bit, staring at a wall or even worse the treadmill display and watching the seconds take ages to tick by is not very motivational!

So I guess that leaves me wondering - If you're a fan of running on the treadmill and not outside, how do you make it easier for yourself? Great playlist?  Towel over the display? 

Actually that's reminded me, if anyone is reading this and they want to give suggestions for really good songs for running or the gym then I'd love it if you gave me some suggestions you can either leave a comment on here of tweet me @amydennies

Think that's enough for today, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment