Thursday 21 June 2012

A Surprise Weigh In

well obviously the weigh in itself wasn't a surprise as I decided to hop on the scales today instead of tomorrow because I quite often forget on Friday morning and end up weighing later in the day.  Lately when I have been weighing I've just tapped the scales and hopped on but today I decided to weigh using the proper settings which I haven't done in a while!  I can't remember what all of the stats were but here's the best bit:

Weight: 7st 11 (dead)
Fat: 1 st 13 !!!

The last recording I can find of my weight using all the functions was here when my fat was 2st2 so I'm really happy with that.  Must remember to use all the functions from now on to keep an eye on that.

Anyway here's what I've been eating the last few days:

That's Monday's breakfast, 40 g oatbran and 20g trail mix, one heaped teaspoon of 4 seed mix, that was made up with 100ml semi skimmed milk.


Monday Lunch was a plate of rocket salad with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil 6 falafel bites, 80g carrot sticks a heaped teaspoon of organic hummus and a Cathedral City snack cheese.


On Monday night I do our shop for the week and here it is! 


For dinner we had the stir fry we had on Friday with some chopped green cabbage added in, no rice or noddles and I made the sauce myself from Rice Wine, organic honey, and soya sauce mmmmm.

Tuesday Breakfast looked like this:

That's 20g oatbran, 20g organic oats and a punnet of graze shangri la on top - it was delish.

Lunch was the same as the day before:

Still just as yummy the next day.

I had a PB bagel for a snack before my run home:


For dinner we had a Bill Grange Chicken Roast which you can get the recipe for here I don't use as many potatoes as him and I had no shallots so just used one white onion but it was still ace.  We had that with green salad and one wholemeal roll each.

Wednesday breakfast:
20g oatbran 20g organic oats, 20g pineapple (urban fruit) some coconut shavings from my bag of train mix and one heaped teaspoon of mixed seeds.  This was lush.

Lunch was leftover chicken roast:

That picture isn't great, Mr D added the salad and clearly just chucked it on the top!  I also had a snack cheese.

I forgot to get a picture of dinner, it was minestrone soup which is fast becoming one of my favourite meals, its delicious, fast and really easy. I'll try to remember to get a picture at lunch today.

Well that's probably enough food for one day isn't it?  On Tuesday my training plan called for a 30 min easy run, now that should have been find, I managed 40 minutes on Sunday reasonably well but for some reason I was struggling, pain in both knees that wasn't really shifting and really bad cramp in both calves.  Will make sure I really have a good stretch before today's run.

Speaking of which today I'm down for 4 minutes easy run/walk 6 minutes HM pace/threshold.  Now I've been reading about threshold training in a BRILLIANT new book called "Real Women Run" by Sam Murphy.  Threshold pace should be about 85% of max. heart rate and she describes this as "comfortably hard or "controlled discomfort".  I'd definitely say that when I did this type of run last Thursday I was both hard and uncomfortable! Anyway, 85% of my max heart rate is 164 (220 - my age 27 = 193 x 85%) but as soon as I start running my heart rate is always above that or higher?  Last Thursday when I trained as I ran the faster 5 minutes my HR was nearly 190!?  I'm not sure what to do about this as I can't just run my "easy" pace and stay around 164bpm ..... Might need a bit of help on this one.  how am I that unfit?

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same with regards to the 85% of max. Mine is 163.7 bpm. I could comfortably run at that level for my entire run. When I run, I don't like my HR to go over 180bpm, if it gets that high I'll ease up unless its a sprinting finish. I find around the 171bpm is where I find things starting to feel harder.

    ReplyDelete