Monday 25 June 2012

Week 3 Round Up

Thursday's run was hard, 4 minute "easy" 6 minutes at threshold/hm pace to a total of 30 minutes - I struggled.  My heart rate is still going up very quickly at easy run pace and I ended up with alot of cramp in my calves when going at the slower pace.  When I had completed the 30 minutes and started my few minutes walk home I noticed that my feet felt sort of numb/tingly which isn't normal.  Before you suggest it no my shoelaces weren't tied to tight but I have no idea why this is suddenly happening, I suspect it might be related to the calf cramps - might google it but I'll probably end up convincing myself that my legs need amputating or something so I think I'll just see how I go, hopefully it will pass.

Friday I did Yoga instead of doing it Saturday as we were busy.  Not noticing any real improvement but I think I should just be patient and let my body adapt in time. 

Saturday we went shopping for bits and bobs for the new house, I did go to a nike outlet hoping to get some new things for training but the selection was rubbish and I came out with one pair of running socks.

Sunday was a 40 minute "easy" run, sorry if me putting easy in inverted commas is getting annoying but I honestly can't say that any running feels the least bit easy for me and if anything it feels like its getting much harder?  Last weeks 40 minute run was good, I didn't really ache anywhere too much and I didn't feel like I was going to die cardio wise either - not the case this week.  I ran with Mr D again and as we were in Watford he was more confident about running ahead as he knew where he was going, that was better for me as I can't concentrate when he's running alongside me.

I didn't feel comfortable at all and I couldn't just zone out from running like I have done before and think of other things to while away the time, ever step I was thinking about how long I thought I'd been running and how much pain I was feeling in my legs.  I sort of think that if anything this should be getting easier... I already knew that I could run for 40 minutes, I've done it before so why am I struggling so much now?  I think some of it is me wanting to get better fast.  Its only been 3 weeks I can't expect miracles but then I think that I'm a quarter of the way through and maybe I should be doing better?

Anyway lets not dwell too much, I did it and that's the main thing.  This week looks like this:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 30 min easy
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 8 min easy 8 min threshold/hm pace x 2
Friday: Rest
Saturday: X train
Sunday: 50 minute easy

I've got a few concerns this week.  First one is obviously that 50 minute run, that looks terrifying.  The second problem is that I'm away for work on Thursday and Friday (big work dinner that night), Saturday its my cousins 21st Birthday and we're having lunch in the day and then going out on Saturday night and then on Sunday we have to get back home and ready for the week.

I think I'll have to do the tempo run on a treadmill which isn't ideal but at least I can run HM pace rather than HR threshold, but I HATE running on the treadmill, hopefully I'll get through it.  The other problem is what time I'll end up getting home on Sunday and how rough I'll be feeling from the night out!  I might not drink so I can get a run in early but I'll be staying with my sister and I am not at all familiar with the area and planning a 50 minute route where you easily could get lost is not ideal.

The other option is to swap the run to Saturday and try and run the whole 50 minutes on the treadmill - I think I'll have to see how Thursdays treadmill run goes before deciding what's best.

The last problem is that today I think I'm sick.  I was up all night on the verge of vomming and this morning I have been sick, not sure what the problem is but I hope it goes away quick because I've got training to do!

In other news I've also been told about the concept of eating more to weigh less by a friend on a weight loss forum.  I'm still reading up about it to get a good understanding of it all but I'll be blogging about that soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment