Friday 8 June 2012

Rain Rain Go Away.....

Well the second run of this week is done, I finished work at half 4 and went straight out after completing some dynamic stretching (more on that later).  As soon as I got into the foyer I could see it was raining, the sky was really grey but it didn't look too heavy and seeing as I didn't have the car I had no choice but to run home.

On the training plan the run was listed as 30 minute easy so I took it nice and steady again and to be honest at the end I didn't feel very out of breath what I did feel was DRENCHED.  I decided to run out of work and left (away from home) and in the rain that felt horrible, it wasn't until I got onto the side of main road where I realised quite how hard the rain was coming down.  I turned back for town, ran up the high st and the over the road and into the park.

Even on Tuesday when it was drizzling as I ran there were people in the park, dog walking, cycling, running or just having a stroll.  Yesterday there was no-one, I've never felt more like I should be at home under a blanket and by now the rain was so  hard it was dripping from my eyelashes but I carried on and by the time I'd got back to the main road for home my Nike+ told me I'd completed the 30  minutes! 

Here's where I had a bit of a dilemma, the training plan says 30 minutes and so that's what I'm doing, no less and no more, I don't want to get over confident and injure myself by doing too much too soon..... but it was raining so the option of walking home and taking longer didn't appeal.  I did walk though, to try and give my legs a stretch out for a few minutes.

When I got in this is how my sports bra looked:


That's not sweat (I wish it was!) but rain, I also had a long sleeve top on over that which was completely soaked through - not ideal conditions but I didn't die and I can't choose the weather on the day so I'll just have to accept it!

Anyway back to the stretches!  I completed all of the suggestions on the website I posted yesterday and I'm not sure if they helped, my legs still ache today but maybe they would have been worse if I'd not done the stretches first??  Anyway, today is a rest day and tomorrow I'm going to do an hour of yoga so hopefully by Sunday the aches will have gone and its business as usual.

Food yesterday..... hmmm  Well I had oatbran, organic semi skimmed milk, half a graze apple cosmo punnet and a heaped teaspoon of 4 seed mix, no morning snack, lunch was a flask of pea and lettuce soup, one mini pitta, a box of raw veggies and half a pack (80g) of chargrilled chicken with a tablespoon of hummus.  I couldn't eat all the veggies/chicken/hummus because I was  too full but I had a good go.

Afternoon snack about 3pm before run was 1/3rd of a punnet of graze fruit and seed flapjack, nothing when I got in from running I was in too much of a rush to go out shopping.  Whilst dinner was cooking I had an organic cheese stick (20g) and dinner was.... sausage beans and chips.  Oh dear, not clean and lean but not totally horrendous and I was within my calorie allowance on MFP.

Tonight some friends are coming over for dinner and I can tell you now that won't be clean and lean!  Breakfast will be the same as yesterday, lunch is chicken, salad and the rest of the vegetables from yesterday, for dinner I'm making:

Parmesan twists
Mini Calzone
Olives (not making these merely opening a jar)

Then:
Sticky BBQ ribs (cooked the ribs and made the marinade myself so not as terrible as buying some with ready made sauce to cook or as bad as buying them from a takeaway - but still not great!!)
Spicy Chicken wings - deep fried (oh dear) and then drizzled with olive oil and chilli
Coleslaw - Made by moi, 61 calories a serving made from red cabbage, white cabbage, carrot, red onion and nigella seeds.  The sauce to go with is made from natural yoghurt, lemon juice, english mustard and wholegrain mustard so not terrible.
Potato Salad - yeh I know, I didn't even read how many calories was in the recipe because this is my meal off, plus I normally only have 2 new potatoes cut in half so damage limitation is key!
Salad - tomato salad (yum and c&l) and then some salad leaves dressed in olive oil - will eat lots of these!

Pudding is a chocolate and salted caramel tart.  Had a few problems with this last night and ended up burning my finger on some seriously hot caramel but hoping it will be alright as I've got no other options!!

I'll try and check in over the weekend but thought I'd fess up to all of that now.

Have a good weekend blog land!



No comments:

Post a Comment