Monday 12 March 2012

Day 12 (11.03.12)

No RI 30 done on Friday although I did do some push ups, tricep dips and planks in the evening, my knee was still too sore for any sort of impact to get the dvd out.  Same issue on Saturday, so no exercise was done but I did get ou tin the fresh air to watch Mr D lose at rugby!  Still it was a nice day for wandering up and down the touch line and taking them cookies - seemed a welcome pick me up after losing.

Saturday night we went out with Mr D's parents for his dad's birthday, we walked to the restaurant, about 2/3 of a mile and I had to wear flats because of my knee (heels were in my bag for when we got to the restaurant though!).  The meal was delicious, I had crisp pork belly with crayfish, white bean puree and a pancetta foam, followed by pan roasted cod served with risotto nero and roasted red peppers and for pud I had a pear tart fine.  All of it was LUSH.  Walked home, and then te in laws stayed up for a night cap but we went to bed before I turned into a pumpkin!

So yesterday was day 12, my knee was feeling better but as I was away from home I didn't have my dvd and its still not 100% I don't want to rush and damage it even more so no run for me either in the morning.  For lunch we went off to my best friends house, she cooked lamb shanks a la Jamie Oliver and they were yummy - I never cook lamb.  And we had bakewell tart and cream for puds.  Yes I know thats not exactly diet friendly but the weekend is about relaxing and just enjoying food, being good 5 days out of 7 is just the way I do it.

When we eventually got home we put the rugby on and I had so much nervous energy that I decided to break out some minimal impact circuits.  So I did:

10 push ups (full military style)
1 minute bicycle crunches
10 squats (getting right down thighs parallel - with weights)
10 Lunges (with weights for extra resisitence)
1 minute of plank
1 minute of full sit ups
30 seconds v into hollowman (with weights)

Repeated 3 times.

I know its not the same as doing the dvd and that there is no cardio in that so its not going to be as good a work out and it didn't last as long but after a few days of not being able to do much I felt much better for it.

I don't tend to log on MyFitnessPal on the weekends so I can't give you calories but it was probably loads!  And i'm pretty sure m 5 a day was out of the window too.  I'm right back on it today though so tomorrow's blog will be laods better.

No comments:

Post a Comment