Monday 26 March 2012

Day ???????

No amount of good intentions can steel you against the temptations that a holiday bring your way.  Saturday didn't start too well as I had to go to a bridesmaid dress fitting and I couldn't face breakfast as I was so worried the dress wouldn't fit. I'm happy to say that it did so when I got back home I had 2 slices of bacon which I'd earlier passed up and Sat down to watch the rugby.  Mid way through a game that I really didn't carea bout I decided to do Ripped in 30, now I didn't have the dvd but I was armed with a list of all the circuits and got Mr D to shout out when I had to change to the next move - it was quite fun like that actually.

Food wasn't the best whilst I was there, everything had mash or chips attached to it and refusing food in my family instantly leads them to jump to conclusions that you must have an eating disorder or similar.  sunday was mothers day so we went out for lunch, I had tomato bruschetta to start and then a chicken caeser salad for main but was pretty naffed off at the amount of dressing that they'd slathered it with.  Then the Mr and I hot-footed it off to Cornwall where everything went a bit wrong.

If you've never been to Cornwall or Devon then you are missing out, its so beautiful there and the coast it gorgeous.  On our first day the weather was good so we went to St Ives, visited the Tate, walked along the beach, through the town and down to the harbour for fish and chips on a bench overlooking a little bit of beach.  On the way back to the car we stopped off at a cute bakery and bought saffron buns, clotted cream and jam so that we could have a cream tea later on. No exercise done that day.

Tuesday was miserable so we went to Plymouth to look for a bikini and a dress for the Hen weekend, no luck on that front but I did get a couple of dresses for summer, had lunch in a nice pub, and a good mooch about.  Resisted a yummy looking cupcake shop (same can't be said for Mr D) and when we got back we headed over to the gym where I did level 3 Ripped In 30 and had a 2 mile run afterwards.

Wednesday the sun had come back out so we took a trip to Padstow, which is one of my favourite places, its just beautiful there.  We had a walk about, visited Rick Stein's patisserie, bought a silly amount of his jams and things as pressies, then popped into a bakery for you guessed it.... more scones and clotted cream!  llunch was at a restaurant above the bakery overlooking the harbour, I had a chicken salad and water.  No real exercise got done on Wednesday either, some lunges, squats, push ups, bicycles and planks but no Ri30.

Thursday it p****d it down but we went to Looe anyway because Mr D loves it.  I got cold and wet wandering around so we had fish and chips in a little pub (yes I know, neither clean nor lean) then bought some paintings and canvases for the house before heading to a bakery for yet more scones (fruit ones this time - very uncornish for a cream tea)  same routine as the night before was done but no RI30

Friday saw a mammouth road trip from St Mellion all the way to my parents house in Mansfield.  I think you'll let me off for not rushing to put my trainers on after a 5 hour drive and a seriously numb bum.

Saturday I got up early to got for a run, only a little one around the village they live in, about 2k in 11 minutes.  I'll not be breaking any records with a time like that but I had to be back to get ready to go out for a Birthday lunch and I also don't know the area at all so didn't want to go much further incase I got lost.

Yesterday we had to go really early from Nottingham to our house in Watford, empty our bags, and then re-pack to go to South London for Mr D's sisters Birthday, we got in really late last night and had to get up super early this morning to get to work and so I could go to Tesco beforehand to get something healthy for braekfast and lunch and get me back on track for a super clean week!

So please if anyone is reading this feel free to kick my bum if I go off track, I feel rubbish for having eaten so badly and I want my energy back!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey gorgeous lady, haven't "seen" you around lately, hope you're well? Holliday sounds fab, I love Devon and Cornwall! We're off there in 6 weeks, I can't eat too many cream teas tho ( that is going to be hard because it's the law to have one daily there surely?!) as I'm a bridesmaid on the last day eeekk!

    Anyway just thought I'd pop by and say Hi
    Hxx

    ReplyDelete