Wednesday 14 March 2012

Day 14

So yesterday was day 14, and that means the end of level 2.  I'm feeling pretty indifferent about it - when I could do the dvd I worked my hardest and my nutrition has been pretty good lately but I'm also pretty disappointed that I haven't managed to work out at least once every day this time around because of this problem with my knee. 

Anyway, I'm pretty glad to see the back of level 2, if you read my Ripped in 30 blog the first time around you'll know I found it tough!  Some things are better now, like the push ups and I can take at least the first minute of cardio in full plank before the pain in my wrist is too much and I have to drop to my elbows, I also managed all the advanced squat thrusts without ever having to do the beginner which last time would have been just about impossible.

Something else pretty good happened yesterday too, I made Bodyism Clean and Lean Lettuce Wraps for the first time for my lunch, and they were delicious:
Okay so mine didn't look exactly like the picture but they were still really good.  I'm so glad I've found something I can make for lunch that I can whack in the fridge and not worry about heating (still no microwave at the office)  I also think these will be really great when the weather gets better for light lunches on the weekend or to make for BBQ's intead of having huge burgers and hot dogs.

Something I also found out yesterday is that I can see how many people view this blog every day and where from.  Now mostly its views from the UK and I imagine those will be girls I know from a Wedding Forum but for the last few weeks I've had a couple every day from America and also France.  I never actually thought anyone at all was reading this so that's quite nice to know I'm not totally on my own!  I'm sure most of you end up on this blog by accident from trying to google other things but if not and you are reading this, no matter where you're reading it from its nice to have you along.

Now onto the serious bit... FOOD.  Yesterday was good, swapped back to coconut greek yoghurt and had that with my usual oat bran, mixed seeds and blueberries, morning snack was 75g black grapes with 12 almonds, lunch was the wrap above which I made as per the link with turkey, hummus, iceberg and added in a tomato, cucumber and spring onion.  Afternoon snack was an apple, 1/3 of a graze flapjack before Ripped in 30, a protein shake after (45g protein poweder 150ml milk) and then leftover beef with broccoli from monday night.

Calories: 1441/1687
5 A Day? : blueberries, black grapes, salad in the wrap, apple, broccoli - woo 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment