Sunday 4 March 2012

Days 3 and 4

Slack blogging from me I'm afraid!  Friday no RI30, I got a lift to work with Mr D and because I finish at 3:30 and he doesn't finish until 6 I packed my running things and decided to run home.  I was going to just run the 1.5 miles home directly I decided to go for a more random route through the park instead.  Here's what I ran instead:


When I pressed "end run" when I got in I had a message from Paula Radcliffe to tell me that I did a PB for the mile which I was pretty pleased with.  I'm going to do a run or two a week probably back from work most days because I've registered my interest to run Nike's "Run to the Beat" half marathon in October, I'm hopefully going to do it with a friend who wants to run one before she hits the big 3-0.

So no RI30 on Friday after the run, I had no time because I had to jump in the shower and get ready to go to a friends engagement party.  I had 4 vodka and soda's with fresh lime so I think in 5 hours of being at a party that wasn't bad going - oh and I ate 3 mini pizza bites.

Saturday (day 4) was really busy, as we were at the in laws - they took me and Mr D out for lunch to celebrate passing my exams, then we went off to Feltham to watch Watford play rugby (Ian is injured so couldn't play), back up to Watford, for about 7pm and we decided we'd grab some dinner out.  No dvd done but I couldn't have done it yesterday due to some pain in my ankle from Friday's run.  It was a little sore this morning but I think it will be ok to do later.

Food has been pretty good this weekend despite all the eating out.  Friday I had my oatbran with some sunflower seeds and an apple afterwards.  Lunch was new potatoes, turkey, rocket and cucumber and I didn't have any dinner as I was full from my protein shake after the run but I did have those pizza bites at the party.

Yesterday I had an apple for breakfast, beef stroganoff for lunch, a slice of treacle tart (very bad - but delicious!) and for dinner I had a gourmet steak burger, no relish, and about half of a tiny pot of chips. 

Clearly 5 a day has gone out of the window, but its the weekend and if you can't enjoy yourself on the weekend then when can you???

No comments:

Post a Comment