Thursday 17 January 2013

BODY REVOLUTION....and the return of the belly

Hello blog lovelies! 

It's been a while and it's all change here.  I've had to make the decision to withdraw my place from the London Marathon, I'm absolutely gutted but I think I had to admit my legs weren't going to get me round the full 26.2  I'm not saying never ever but right now it's not achievable for me.  I'm going to carry on running and hopefully now the pressure of such a massive event is off I'll be back to enjoying being out there.

Anyway one door closes and another opens.... so that brings me to body revolution!!  When I was training I really missed Jillian in a love/hate sort of way and I don't like what running (and Christmas!) has done to me, I'm a few pounds up from my comfy weight and all ms muscle has turned to podge so I went on line and shelled out just over £100.00 to have Jillian and her crew whip me into shape!

If you've read this blog before you'll know that the daily pictures are set to make a return and as my BR dvd's arrived yesterday I wasted no time putting on the sports bra and leggings and getting the camera out and just so you know after the success of Ripped In 30 I'm really not proud to show you where I'm starting out:




This one I think is the worst, I look so thick and bloated in the middle - bleurgh.

This one is disappointing too after how hard I worked last year.

Well after taking those there was only one thing to do - GET ON WITH IT!

Body Revolution isn't your normal Jillian experience, for starters there are 15 discs which spread over 3 x 4 week "phases"  There are 5 discs per phase 4 workouts and 1 cardio.  As yesterday was day 1 I started with workout 1 and this is how my week will go:

Wednesday: Workout 1
Thursday: Workout 2
Friday: Cardio 1
Saturday Workout 1
Sunday: Rest (Yes rest is actually included in this plan)
Monday Workout 2
Tuesday Cardio 1

I'll repeat that for 2 weeks and then replace workout 1 with workout 3 and workout 2 with workout 4 for 2 more weeks and then phase 1 is complete.  Still with me?  Good.

So what was it like??  I was a bit nervous before I started, but actually it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, in some places I opted for the advanced version (usually adding weights to the moves) and today I feel ok.  Workout one was mainlu upper body, she doesn't make you work upper and lower together too much yet and these dvds aren't based on her 3,2,1 method like ripped in 30 or 30 day shred which oddly I preferred as I didn't really have any idea where I was in the session so it seemed to pass by pretty fast.

Tomorrow I'll let you know what I thought about workout 2 which is lower body - I might not like it so much then!

Food is ok at the moment, just trying to eat as clean as possible and break the bad habits I picked up during the graze-a-thon that is Christmas!  At the moment I'm trying out more recipes, this week it was a new breakfast and as I'm really enjoying it I might blog the recipe over the weekend.  I'm also going to try out some protein peanut cookies that www.fitness-kitchen.com tweeted the recipe for this week, will let you know how yummy they are soon.

So that's it for today, I'm off to see what dvd number 2 has in store.... see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment