Thursday 31 January 2013

Day 15

So the first 2 weeks is over and to be honest it wasn't that bad, maybe the calm before the storm, because I've done Jillian dvds before and I knew so much worse was yet to come, and I wasn't disappointed. 

In workout 3 there were alot more moves that I recognise from previous dvds and some new ones thrown in for good measure.  I was mildly terrified that straight away full military (or what I would call MAN push ups) were expected.  A few times in this dvd she tells you to just try something, you might think you can't do it but maybe its because you haven't tried and in this case she was right.  I managed 5 in the first circuit before I had to modify back to girly push ups but that's 5 more than I would have gone for if it hadn't been on the dvd.

Other old favourites were sumo squats with tricep dips and squats with raises.  The cardio intervals were familiar, jump rope and my absolute favourite - half squat and punches.  I think next week I might go for those with weights too.  And then there was something I wasn't really prepared for.....

I've noticed some yoga moves cropping up in these workouts and warm ups and I've been really enjoying that until last night!  As circuit 4 came around Jillian says to get LIGHT weights, now that doesn't often happen so I knew something serious was coming!  So first things first, we get into a tree pose.  Now I don't have the best balance so getting into tree and staying there was a challenge in itself but that wasn't it - of course not, whilst not falling over and breaking my face I had to do lateral raises too - HA.  I was pretty crap at these.

Anyway pictures for the day:

 
I might be being a bit optimistic but I think the side view looks a bit better than it has done lately.

Breakfast was my usual, lunch was a turkey and veggie salad (which I ended up having at gone 3 because I was mad busy) and for dinner we had a red Thai prawn curry (homemade) with wholegrain rice and it was seriously yummy.  Snacks were a braeburn apple and another one of those mega fruit bagels - I think I might have a problem!




2 comments:

  1. Great work sticking to it so far! Is it a month program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Phase 1 is a month but there are 2 more phases after that so 90 days in total. Aiming to stick at it and not miss a day for that whole time.

      Delete