Thursday 24 January 2013

Day 8

Phase one workout one again today.

I foolishly decided to look back at the before/after Ripped in 30 pictures and realised how much I let those results go, I know in the first couple of weeks this set of dvds isn't as hardcore as that dvd so I decided to go hard.

When I did RI30 I mostly used my lightest weights and those hurt but yesterday I did everything with at least my medium weights and some things (chest flies, tricep kick backs and a few others that my brain can't recall) with the heaviest weights I have.  I also added at least my lightest weights to all of the cardio moves and I don't mind saying that I can feel it today and I'm glad.

Pictures for day 8:



 
 
Bit blurry soz.
 
 
So seeing as I've been working from home due to the snow whilst I have my lunch I've been watching Jamie's 15 minute meals and I caught him making greek chicken with couscous (how do you spell that?) so I decided I'd give that a go seeing as I have the book.
 
One massive flaw - I had no couscous in so I used quinoa instead, I also didn't have allspice for the chicken so I used a random mix of what I did have - smoked paprika, chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper and actually it tasted pretty good!  I added a red pepper, a deseeded red chilli, petit pois, and celery to the quinoa and the whole thing was yummy and pretty low in calories.  Here it is (yes I had already started eating it when I took the picture!)
 

 
 
Breakfast was pecan and oat crunch, and I totally forgot to have lunch because I was so busy but I did have a graze flapjack pack for morning snack and graze copacabana for afternoon snack so it's not like I totally skipped food.  Must try harder though!

No comments:

Post a Comment