Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 22 - Taking it to another level....

Today was TOUGH.  Right at the start of the workout Jillian says she's never done a level four before and that she was gonig to bring the pain - I didn't doubt her for a moment.  As I'm typing this I can feel the ache in my shoulders from yesterday and today, no doubt it will be even worse tomorrow.

Yesterday was my first attempt at this level and it was pretty hard because she doesn't really describe the moves so the first day was never going to be easy if you don't know what a chaturanga push up is (I didn't, but I do now).

There is a part in circuit one where I just can't stop laughing.  You have to do jumping jack arms with a front kick, now I don't know if you've seen the episode of "Friends" with Monica and Phoebe's friend Amanda (Stifflers Mum in American Pie), but there is a part where the girls come back in and she's doing toe taps in front of Chandler and the move reminds me so much of that it cracks me up.

Downside to yesterday's effort was that I was sick almost straight after, not sure if that was to do with the cold I've got or how hard level 4 is but no sick today so that is progress!

Pictures for day 22:





Food wasn't so hot, breakfast was the usual, oat bran, and blueberries, lunch was the same as the day before, venison burger, chips, beans and a tiny bit of mayo, dinner was meant to be a salad but after the sick episode I had a soda bread and turkey sandwich and drank a protein shake on the drive back home from Wales.

Calories: 1332/1479
5 A Day? blueberries, black grapes, baked beans, salad in the sandwich but that was it - FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment