Monday 13 February 2012

Today is a GOOD DAY

There are loads of reasons to feel a bit crap today,  feeling rough from being up all night, had a bit of a stomach bug, and well... its a Monday but as the blog title suggests something has happened that makes all of that stuff insignificant.

For 4 years I've been working for my ACCA qualification, its been really tough, and I've thought about quitting alot of times.  I've failed exams, passed some I never thought I ever could and not really had a birthday in that time because it falls so close to the summer sessions that going out and partying raelly doesn't feel right.... Well this year I am going to have the best 27th birthday EVER because at 5:02 am I received one of the best emails of my life:


I know 51 marks when the pass rate is 50 isnt really anything to be proud of, but when I got my results last August and I'd missed the pass by 4 marks I was absolutely gutted.

Whilst today is a pretty special day its also a little bit sad, today would have been my Uncle's birthday but sadly he passed away in 2009.  He was my Mum's older brother and last night when she called to wish me luck she said she knew I would pass becuase the results came out on his birthday and he'd have had a word with someone up there for me!  I'd like to think that's true so thanks Uncle Keith!

In other good news (I'm a bit too happy for a Monday really aren't I?) I had the most excellent day on Saturday even the cock up on the train couldn't spoil it.  I took a little trip up to Birmingham to meet some really lovely ladies (and a few lovely gents and babies) a few of whom might even be reading this now.  I was nervous (and late!) but they were all so lovely, and seeing as I "knew" them from a weight loss wedding site it was awesome to put the faces to the names and have burgers and cake too.

So back to reality today then, I'm going to do a DVD after work, as Mr D is working late I might as well do something with the time so I think I'll break out Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism as that's a bit longer than 30DS.  Food yesterday wasn't good because of how sick Ifelt, I was in bed til late so no breakfast, lunch was fajita chicken with brown rice and a little grated cheese, I had some salted popcorn as a snack and dinner was 2 mini turkey pittas with some kettle chips. I am so bloaty and rank today from all that salt and still feeling sick so I dont think today will be the best day ever either.  Oh well - there's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment