Wednesday 1 February 2012

Day 21 (31.01.12)

I didn't even realise on yesterdays post that  I was 2/3rds of the way through, clearly time flies when you're having fun (?!)

Day 21 was the last day of level 3, some things are still really hard, I have no idea how Jillian does the duck walk at bad ass level, I only mention her because "B" is a big cheat, in level 3 she isn't doing advanced moves half the time and when they cut away it's clearly because she has stopped!  Shelley is my new favourite, even though she is meant to be doing beginner she wants to do advanced, I don't know how she's even doing it because she has been on every level of the dvd so far.

As level 3 has finished now its time to decide which bits hated and which bits I loved:

Strength: Probably the bear crawls and duck walks, the first strength circuit (and the cardio too infact) is all about the quads, and the first few times I was screaming out doing these.  I won't tell you what it involves I'll let you get the dvd and feel the pain for yourselves!

Cardio: probably the squat jumps, even though they are circuit 2 and not right after the quad beasting of circuit 1 they still hurt alot.  Jillian also swears at you during that part which is a bit of a bummer.

Abs:  As a rule I generally like ab work but the least cool for me are the pike thrusts, they are more like cardio and becuase they are in plank it really sucks for my wrists.  Actually the ab hold for 30 seconds at the end of the last circuit is a contender too.

And now for the sstuff that I liked:

Strength:  Pretty much the whole of circuit 2 strength, but my favourite has to be the rock and rolls - they're like gym from when I was about 7.

Cardio:  Weirdly its the squat jacks (even though I hate the squat jumps), they come right after all the quad strength in circuit one but the first time I made it through them all in the advanced position it was awesome.

Abs: Tricky, I love abs, I reckon the best move was leg raise with arms.  Basically it meant putting both arms straight above your head whilst holding the weights and then lifting the left leg off the floor whilst you crunched up and lifted the right arm accross the body to the left leg and then repeat on the opposite side.  The first day I did those I could barely lift the weight, by the end of the 7 days I'm doing them with 2.5kgs instead.

Pictures for day 21:



I know I look rough and tired (what else is new) but at least my cold is a viable excuse at the moment!

Food today was positively saintly, I managed to refuse these.....

Ooh alright.... So I did have a peek inside the bag for a sniff....

(My mum ate the one that is missing before you start thinking I snaffled it)

And just to prove how good I was this was dinner:

I'm really spoiling you today with the pictures aren't I??

The one naughty item I did partake in yesterdy was 200g frozen chips with my lunch, but you can't really have a burger without chips can you????

Calories: 1386/1479
5 A day? Blueberries with breakfast, black grapes morning snack, beans with lunch (along with the burger and chippies), lettuce and cucumber with dinner = 5 YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment