Thursday 16 February 2012

Moving on to Maintenence.....

Yesterday I decided that I am not going to lose anymore weight, well certainly not actively try to.  Before Christmas I was weghing in at 7st10 and a few ounces, I can't remember the exact figure, but I wasn't really exercising so I can't even hazard a guess at how much of that was fat/muscle.

Whilst it would be nice to be ultra lean I really don't think that's achievable let alone sustainable!  So I've set My Fitness Pal to maintain taking me from 1310 to 1520 calories which doesn't seem like alot but add in exercise and I think I'll struggle to get up there, what do you eat when you just aren't hungry?

I'm pleased to say I'm back on the exercise wagon, Monday I still felt too unwell and was disappointed that I couldn't even do a dvd so to make up for it on Tuesday I did level 3 of the 30 day shred.  I was going to do level one but thought that after 30 days of RI30 that was cheating a bit!  I remember this level being tough, but at the risk of sounding smug I don't think it really challenged me in the same way as RI30.  The calorie burn according to the HRM wasn't as high and I wasn't swearing at the screen so I decided to hit the gym afterwards for a 2 mile run (2% incline) and another 30 minutes of non stop weights with a few mountain climbers and plank jacks thrown in for good measure every  few minutes to keep my heart rate up.

After worrying last week about what I would do when Ripped in 30 ended I feel alot more positive, I've recorded all the circuits on my laptop so that on days where I just go to the gym i can put together a really tough circuit to do after my cardio, I'll keep you updated with pictures every week too.

Yesterday I dusted off Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and boy was I sweating at the end!  If you've never done it then you can choose at the start whether to do individual circuits or the whole 7 back to back - I think you know which I went for!  53 minutes later, my back was running with sweat and my legs were tired from alot of jumping but I wasn't feeling a raelly good burn in my arms, next time I'm adding weights into everything I possibly can to improve that. Calorie burn:


Well as yesterday was my first day of more calories I'd better let you know how it went.....  I seem to have picked up a peanut butter obsession so breakfast was 40g of oatbran made with 100ml milk, I had a big handful of blueberries, 1/4 of a punnet of graze granola (this was delicious) and a heaped teaspoon of crunchy PB stirred in...mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

At some point tonight I have to do a big shop so lunch yesterday was pathetic - omlette with peppers, spring onion and mushrooms, half a tin of beans, and a bagel with low fat cream cheese - how random is that?  Dinner was way better, before work I got the slow cooker out to use up some diced steak, I put that in with a large glass of red wine (250ml) a tin of plum tomatoes, just over half a carton of tomato passata with basil (300ml), 2 large carrots, 2 onions, 3 large celery stalks, 200g mushrooms and a teaspoon of oregano and just left it all day.  Mr D said he prefered it to minced beef bolognese and I really enjoyed it too (got leftovers today so I'll try and get a picture)  so I'd say that's 2 satisfied customers.

May have also had a Crunchie Blast Ice cream, but that could happen to anyone right?

Calories: 1611/1829 see its hard eating back those exercise calories!
5 A day? Blueberries, i'd say the veg in the omlette was 1, baked beans, and the veggies in the bolognese came to 3 so that's 6 all together - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment