Friday 17 February 2012

Thursday gym sesh and Friday weigh in

Sometimes I'm not quite sure what is wrong with me.  On days where I know that I absolutely only have enough time to get a dvd done at the end I feel so tired I want to go to bed, on days where I finish work early or Mr D is at rugby my mind wanders.....

I did RI30 level one yesterday with 2.5 or 3.5 kg weights instead of my usual 1.5kg, and it was tough!  Here's the HRM reading:
Normally I burn about 160-170 for a RI30 session, you'd have thought I'd be happy with that and just hit the showers - No!  Whilst I was making up my protein shake I decided that seeing as I'm busy tonight (Friday)  and won't be able to go that I should go to the gym then instead, so off I went.

20 minute run, although I have to admit I didn't run for the full 20 minutes or more like couldn't.  my usual pace is 5.8mph and at 1-2% incline, that's how I started off when I felt a big pop in my left knee, after easing it back and forth for about 20 seconds it didn't feel so bad so I carried on but I just couldn't settle in after that.  I did manage to run at 6mph then 6.2mph and I did the final 2 minutes at 7.5mph which felt so fast I thought my legs might actually fall off.  2.12 miles completed in the 20 minutes, not ground breaking but at least I did it and now I'm really looking forward to getting back to running outdoors now its getting warmer and lighter.  The first run out will either be a total surprise of how much more endurance I have since I last went or an epic fail.  We'll wait and see.

After the run I hit the weights.  After a few minutes a PT session came into the room I was using whilst I was doing some full pro push ups and the girl said to the trainer "I'll never be able to do those"  so I told her a bit over a month ago I could barely do the "girl" version of a push ups, she seemed a bit more hopeful after that.  By the time I was done and pushed "stop" on the watch here is what I'd burned for the RI30, run and extra circuits:

Not bad for an hour and 20 minutes is it?

But you can see how this has left me with a bit of a dilemma - calories.  After struggling on Wednesday to eat them, all this exercise meant that my target yesterday was over 2000!!  I hadn't planned on doing so much exercise so breakfast was as normal, oat bran, milk, blueberries, graze granola and a heaped teaspoon of PB:



Lunch was leftover slow cooked beef ragu and 50g (dry weight) of wholewheat penne:

I know that doens't look massively appetising but it was delicous!  For snacks I had half a punnet of graze copacabana (chocolate coins and brazil nuts), an apple, a protein shake and 2 cheese straws.  Dinner was 2 slices of turkey, a boiled egg, rocket, some salad cream and 3 moer cheese straws.  Can you see here how I'm already eating rubbish to try and reach my calorie target and that's not on.  I'll have to think of other ways to get up there without either eating so much fruit I go into a sugar coma or eating filth.

Calories: 1703/2050
5 A Day? apple, blueberries, rocket, and 3 servings in the ragu makes 6 - yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment