Saturday 28 January 2012

Day 17 (27.01.12)

As it was Friday and I finish work early, I did RI30, it was tough, my quads were burning, and I thought I might die (despite Jillian informing me otherwise).  I'm not sure what it is but always on Friday's whilst i'm making up my protein shake afterwards I start thinking that actually I'd quite like to go to the gym.... so I did.

Twenty minute run on 1% incline, made it to 18 minutes before the pain in my knee meant I had to walk for about 30 seconds, then I finished off as quick as I could for the last minute.  Then onto weights, I did all the things I really hate from week one and two: renegade rows, plank jacks etc and to finish holding a plank for as long as I could... 1 minute.  I know really that's a bit crap but its progress and next week I'll see how long I can hold it for and I'm hoping it will be a few seconds longer.

Right now I'm trying to be positive about how much stronger I'm getting, it's good to go to the gym and know exacly what it is I'm going to do there that day and actually get it done, and maybe even with a heavier weight.  Last night I noticed they had a TRX frame which must be new so I'll be calling my brother for a plan that includes that when I'm done with RI 30.

Here are the pictures for yesterday:



After a comment on the blog yesterday (thanks Amanda) I went and had a look back at the first pictures and yes I do still have some overhang, but its nto as bad as it was so I'm going out today feeling pretty good about myself.

Food -had a new breakfast yesterday, oat bran made with lacto free milk with graze vanilla seeds and blackberries, it was lush apart from the berries which were SO BITTER!!  Lunch was an egg mayo pitta, and dinner was skinless boneless cod with mushy peas and homemade paprika wedges  .....mmmmm.

Calories: 1472/1807 Now I know I should have eaten back my exercise calories but today I'm off out into London for our anniversary and although I've done RI30 I think I'll need all the extra calories I can get!
5 A day?  Blackberries, mushy peas.... epic fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment